The Playhouse Playwrights’ Project is now accepting submissions for its third year of staged readings of new plays. With the overwhelming response over the past few years, we look forward to this year’s Festival of new plays and new playwrights. Future goals include the development of some of these one-act plays into a full scale, main stage production.
Local playwrights (Palm Beach and Broward County residents) are asked to submit an unpublished and unproduced one-act play for consideration by the Playhouse’s play reading committee.
Deadline for submissions is July 31, 2022. Auditions will be held in July, rehearsals will be in August-September.
This year’s performance weekend is October 22 and 23, 2022.
- 10 minute to 20 minute one-act plays, not previously produced or published.
- One page of dialogue equals one minute of run time.
- 2-6 actors in total
- Please include a brief synopsis
- Only one submission per application fee. Fee is $25 and is non-refundable.
- Stage plays only. No TV or film scripts will be considered.
- Please no musicals or choreography
- Scripts will be judged on concept, dramatic action, characterization and cast size.
- No sexually explicit, gratuitously violent, obscene scripts or excessive foul language.
- Playwrights must attend rehearsals at the Delray Beach Playhouse.
- Each page of your script must include your name, title of play and page number in the footer.
- Completed Application Page must accompany your submission.
- Submissions are due by July 31st.
WAYS TO SUBMIT:
- Email submission to email@example.com. Mail the $25 non-refundable fee (per submission) to: Delray Beach Playhouse, 950 NW 9th St., Delray Beach FL 33444, ATTN: Playhouse Playwrights’ Project.
- Mail submission, along with the $25 non-refundable fee (per submission) to: Delray Beach Playhouse, 950 NW 9th St., Delray Beach FL 33444, ATTN: Playhouse Playwrights’ Project. Paper copies will not be returned.
DISCLAIMER: The Delray Beach Playhouse reserves the right to choose those submissions that best reflect the intent and goal of the Playhouse Playwrights’ Project and reserves the right to amend its submission criteria to best suit those intentions and goals.
Playwrights Festival: Art Poster Competition!
- Eligibility: Any resident of Palm Beach or Broward County
- Submission Deadline: July 31, 2022
- Registration and Entry Fee: $25.00 submission fee
- Objective: To create an original Art Poster that promotes the Annual Delray Beach Playhouse Festival of New Plays
- Submission Requirements: PDF Image of Artwork
- Size Requirements: Image 24″ x 36
- Artwork will be mounted on Poster Board Suitable for Reproduction
- Must include verbiage: Delray Beach Playhouse Playwrights Festival of New Plays
- Medium: Any two dimensional original artwork in pencil, oil, acrylic, crayon, collage, watercolor, print, or photography. Must be suitable for Poster reproduction.
- Judgement Criteria: Relevance of Theme, Originality, Artistic Competition, Creativity, Accordance with Given Instructions